Saturday, February 5, 2011

Book Launch - Tommy Starts Something Big

I don't normally attend book launch parties of my authors. I sort of feel like if I go to one, I should go to all. And not that that's a bad thing, I guess I like to say goodbye when we do final sign-off. I've done my part and I'm happy for them to go off and make their dream a reality.

But when I was invited to Chuck Gaidica's book launch, I said yes because this book has my name on the front as well.

There was food, books, bears, and a seven foot Cuddles. Isn't he cute?

Before Chuck read the book, he introduced me and the illustrator (she wasn't there-she lives in Seattle). That was nice. The kids in the audience seemed to enjoy the story, and Chuck did a great job with his reading. But that's not surprising since he's a television weatherperson.

The winter storm we are experiencing didn't hamper the crowd; there was a steady flow throughout the party.

It was a lot of fun and I hope that this book's message - doing kind things for others - catches on.

1 comment:

  1. Great picture! Sounds like it was lots of fun. Congrats on the launch!

    ReplyDelete

What Adventurers have to say