Monday, February 21, 2011

Winter's back!

So last week, it was in the 50s in Michigan. Blue skies, white clouds, birdsong. Nature is so cruel to us; you'd think that I would be used to it.

Last night we were dumped on. Michigan wasn't the only state to get the white stuff, and it reminded me that spring is NOT here, no matter what's going outside my windows.

What does this mean? I wrote last time how nature can be my muse (well, not in so many words, but you should've been able to infer that) and that I really enjoyed warmer weather days.

I would be lying if I said I didn't like how the earth looked after a snowfall. It's absolutely gorgeous. When the sun shines, it's like a million diamonds are covering my lawn.

Today, there is no sunshine or diamonds flickering. But there are trees covered in snow, their limbs holding mini-drifts like a postcard.

Even though we are in full winter-mode AGAIN, and my kids are home for Mid-Winter Break (note the name of the break!), I am feeling inspired. Last week I had an incredible massage and I swear that the guy lifted something dark and foreboding from me. I know, sounds weird, but I felt lighter than I have in a long time after that massage. I've gone back to my manuscript, determined to get another chunk down before I speak with my agent this week.

I better get back to it. Keep warm and thanks for stopping by.

4 comments:

  1. Kris, winter has felt so oppressive to me this year, and I'm not sure why. We had some of that lovely spring weather last week and I'm ready for more of it! And right now!

    I know what you mean about the massage. It's been a while since I've had one but I always feel 20 lbs lighter afterwards--wish I could do that every week. It's a necessity, esp. for writers. :)

    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure if I'm happy we had two 70 degree days in a row last week, or mad because it was a tease. It's now in the 30's and supposed to snow tonight. I am SOOOOO ready for spring!

    Stay warm, Kris and keep getting those massages. It's good for writing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Donna, Mother Nature is such a tease. I wonder what she's like when no one is watching. Oh well, we'll never know - just have to endure what she gives us! Get yourself a massage, girl! I get one once a month, and it is so worth the money!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Taryn, I guess it's all relative. You had 70s then went to 30s. We had 50s and then went to teens. Still, though, I really want spring to be here, like NOW! We have another severe weather alert and may get another few inches of snow. Ugh!

    ReplyDelete

What Adventurers have to say