Monday, May 2, 2011

New Project, New Playlist

Well, folks, I'm starting a new project today. It's a collaboration, so it's a bit new for me. I'm really excited. It's YA and a bit darker than I normally write. You'll see by the songs I'll be jamming to as my fingers fly across the keyboard:

Lose Yourself - Eminem
8 Mile - Eminem
I Need a Doctor - Dr. Dre (featuring Eminem & Sklyar Grey)
F**kin' Perfect - Pink
Rabbit Run - Eminem
Bleed it Out - Linkin Park
Love the Way You Lie (featuring Rhianna)
What I've Done - Link Park
S&M - Rhianna
Not Afraid - Eminem
Sometime Around Midnight - The Airborne Toxic Event
Just Can't Get Enough - The Black Eyed Peas
Sing - My Chemical Romance
On the Floor (featuring Pitbull)
Written in the Stars - Tinie Tempah (featuring Eric Turney)
Airplanes - B.o. B. (featuring Hayley Williams of Paramore)
I Don't Want to Miss a Thing - Areosmith
Rolling in the Deep - Adele
Boulevard of Broken Dreams - Green Day
In the End - Link Park
Is Anybody Out There - Maroon 5 (featuring PJ Morton)
For the First Time - The Script
Let it Rock - Kevin Rudolf & Lil Wayne


There it is. Hoping to have the first draft of this project completed by August 1st. It's only 65k words and completely doable by then.

I'll give you more information about the project as I go along. I'm working with a screenwriter, so I get to learn how to use Final Draft. Very cool!

3 comments:

  1. Good luck on the new YA. Love the playlist...makes me want to do one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, E.C.! I'm pretty excited about this one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know, I was looking to download that Eminem song and could remember the name of it for the life of me (Not Afraid)! Thanks! Another good one to suggest? Dr. Dre's I need a Doctor is also a great song to listen to.
    Ava

    ReplyDelete

What Adventurers have to say