Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Reflections on A to Z Challenge

I can't remember how I stumbled upon Alex Cavanaugh's blog and saw the A to Z Challenge. I saw the seemingly innocent A to Z badge and thought, this might be fun. I signed up. I was in the late 700's on the list and was shocked when the list grew to over 1,200 bloggers. How could I make it to each and everyone of them and still have time to blog, write, work, eat, sleep, motherly duties? I discovered the Surprise Me! button and started using that. What shocked me was that the Surprise Me! button would sometimes take me to that same blog over and over. I'd read, leave a comment, and then move on.

I know I didn't visit all 1200+ blogs. There was no way for me to considering that I only gave myself 15-20 minutes each day to visit the blogs. I don't have a lot of time and I had never gotten into the habit of blogging or visiting blogs. This challenge exposed me to a world of blogs I had no idea of, and I hope to be able to keep up with most of those that I've joined. I may not be able to visit every day, but I hope to at least once a week.

I have to admit that I visited many blogs that I didn't leave a comment. If the post was paragraphs and paragraphs and paragraphs long, I skipped it. There were other blogs that I visited that I had no clue what they were about - gaming-type sites, so I looked them over and then passed them by. Why join a site just to join? Sure, I'd love to have tons and tons of followers, but if they aren't really interested in what I'm talking about, well..I don't want to join a blog that doesn't interest me.

What I especially liked about the challenge was meeting other bloggers and my commitment to blog each day. I don't know that I can keep that up, especially since I'm now working on a new project. But, I will try. I have to admit that I'm a little addicted to blogging and visiting.

When's the next challenge? I think I might want to try again!

4 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, I can't beleive that I forgot about Zamboni for 'Z' I love hockey and of course, we are Hurricane's fans but we also love the Columbus Blue Jackets; each neither very good but oh well!
    Cool blog you've got here! Even though it is over, I found you through the A to Z Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tracy, So glad you stopped by. The challenge was great for people like us to meet. I'll hop over to your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The blogfest was fun. I'm still trying to slog my way through the 1200 blogs. I made it almost 1/2 way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. May has started off super busy here so I haven't had much time to 'reflect' but I feel much like you, especially with the followers. I will be interested to see if new followers stay with me. It was a lot of fun but I'm happy for a bit of a rest now : )

    ReplyDelete

What Adventurers have to say