Friday, June 17, 2011

Print Book to come

On the advice of my agent, I will be creating a physical book of Saving Redwind through Amazon's Createspace. I have to figure out how to format the file, order a proof, and then it will be ready to purchase. I've had a small inkling that's been bothering me - how many MG readers have an e-reader or want to read a book on a computer? To combat not having the physical book, she convinced me to do Createspace.

Have any of you used Createspace? Please let me know of your experiences.


Trust me, this is not how I wanted to publish a book. But when my agent tells me that nothing is moving (being sold), I guess this is the only way if I want to get my writing out there.

What do you think of the publishing industry these days?

3 comments:

  1. For MG readers, I think the print book is very important. This sounds like an interesting challenge. Even though I'm 71, I love juvenile and young adult books. I think they're some of the best literature ever written. I'm going now to check out your Saving Redwind.
    Ann Best, Memoir Author

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s. I just bought it on Kindle.
    Ann Best, Memoir Author

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ann~ Thank you so much for buying my book! If you wouldn't mind, could you leave a review on Amazon after you've read it? I would love to know what you think.

    ReplyDelete

What Adventurers have to say