Monday, June 6, 2011

Woohoo...a new BlogFest!


I just saw this over at Sheri's website - it's another blog fest from Alex Cavanaugh. The idea is that you blog about 3 games you enjoy. I'll do like Sheri did and choose the games that reflect the genres I write in.

For picture books, I have to say that I loved Barrel Full of Monkeys. I mean, who didn't love stacking those monkeys to see how far they could hang from the barrel which was on the edge of a table?


Hmm...for middle grade, I guess I have to choose hide and seek on bikes. I used to bike all over my grandma's neighborhood with my friends trying to lose or find them. There were no cell phones then, so it took us a long time to find everyone. That was a lot of fun!

As an adult, I like playing the Wii even though I don't do it a lot. Favorite games are Guitar Hero (any of them), Just Dance, and some of the other fitness games.

Which games did you play as a child or are still playing?

9 comments:

  1. How cute! Sounds like a wonderful blogfest! :) I played lots of hide-n-seek and mother may I and stuff like that. :D

    PS--I invite you to my MC blogfest! Ends June 24

    ♥.•*¨Elizabeth¨*•.♥
    Can Alex save Winter from the darkness that hunts her?
    YA Paranormal Romance, Darkspell coming fall of 2011!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Guitar Hero!!!
    Thanks for participating in the blogfest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hide and seek is a great game - I don't think we ever played it on bikes, that I remember.

    And I've had a lot of fun playing on the Wii over at my sister's place, with the nieces and nephews. Wii sports is kick-ass!

    Thanks for blogfesting with us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Barrel of Monkeys is an awesome game. I was thinking about that "don't break the ice" game my siblings and I used to play ages ago.

    I love my Wii but mostly stick to playing the classic games because the new ones are apparently too hard for me. I can't even begin to tell you how very bad at guitar hero I am.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Elizabeth~ I will come check out your blogfest. I'm always looking for a reason to blog.

    Alex~ So glad you had this one going too! And I LOVE Guitar Hero.

    Kelworth~ I like Wii Sports as well.

    M.J.~ Don't Break the Ice is another fun game. My kids have that and used to play all of the time. My husband can't get the hang of GH either, so don't feel bad!

    ReplyDelete
  6. barrell of monkeys i had forgotten about the hours I spent playing that

    ReplyDelete
  7. Barrel of Monkeys. LOL. LOVED that game. So simple, but the kids adored it. The only thing my grandson really liked was swatting the chain apart after I got all of them together.

    And Wii? Don't go there. I am the brunt of family jokes because I asked "What is a Wii?" once. HA! Now you can't pull me away from it, though. I like the fitness stuff too.

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hubby plays Guitar Hero a lot, he's much better at it than I am.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Baygirl32~ Glad I could remind you.

    Bryce~ My kids have played Barrel of Monkeys, but in a different sort of fashion - it's a game where you hang monkeys off of the top of a tree. They loved to see how many they could get before the treetop tumbled.

    Nicole~ It's the opposite in my house - I can play GH, but the husband has a hard time. No clue why!

    ReplyDelete

What Adventurers have to say