Monday, June 13, 2011

Writing with the Seasons

Does your writing schedule change along with the change of the seasons? Mine usually do, at least for part of the year. The coolness of fall coupled with the kids going back to school, make me want to hole up and write. But the same can be said about the start of summer (or summer vacation). Our routines change- no more packing lunch and carpools - so I feel like I have more of the day to devote to my craft.

I don't notice a huge difference when spring or winter come around. Perhaps because those are the busiest times of the year for me.

What about you? Does your writing schedule change?

6 comments:

  1. My writing habits change according to my moods, which is even more of a problem than seasons.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karen~ That's funny! I have to tell myself - Today I'm writing. No email. No phone. No work.
    I wish I could write for 20 mins here or there, but it doesn't work for me that way. If it did, I'd have a lot more writing out there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't have the school seasons to work with since I don't have kids, but I definitely feel more productive in the summer, because of the longer daylight hours. It makes me feel more energetic and more productive. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sometimes I have less time for writing, but I usually still write at the same time of day, no matter what the season. I actually find I have more time to write when my kids are off school, because there's less driving them around.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Actually I haven't thought of it that much and really have no long range cycle of comparison. I strive for consistency, but don't always achieve it.


    Lee
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete
  6. Donna~ When my kids were younger, I think I still wrote more in the summer and fall. Not sure why.

    Andrea~ I feel the same way. My day is not broken up into when I have to drop off or pick up.

    Arlee~ I envy you - I wish I could write every day or at least have some sort of consistency in my schedule!

    ReplyDelete

What Adventurers have to say