Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Wordy Wednesday

As an editor and writer, words are a big deal to me. Kinda goes with the territory. Ever since I was a little kid, words fascinated me. In 4th grade -not to toot my own horn or anything, but just as an example - I could spell antidisestablishmentarianism. I could take the word and chunk it up within seconds. It was weird. Guess I should've known then that I was a writer. Took me a really long time to figure that one out!

Other than that crazy word, there are words that I love. Other than the usual ones that evoke (there's one) a certain sense (peace, love, joy, harmony, hockey <--threw that one in to see if you're paying attention), there are other words that make me feel gooey (another one!) or just sound cool.

Here are a few of my current favorite words:
evoke
gooey
seriously
implode
contrary
privy


Are you this crazy about words, or am I all alone here? Wouldn't be the first time! What are you favorite words?