F is for fun for the writer. If you aren't having fun while you're writing, will your reader?
Now, fun means many things to each of us. I guess my idea of having fun while I write can be any one of the following:
- enjoying the storyline
- enjoying the characters
- not getting an enormous headache after a bout of writing
- still enjoying the story/characters after I've written 20k words
- still wanting to write more after I've reached 20k words
- looking forward to my writing time
- the fact that the words flow out each time I write
How do you have fun with your writing? What triggers let you know that the fun has stopped?