Saturday, April 30, 2011

Z is for ... Zamboni

Well, of course it is, Kris, you say to yourself. You're a huge hockey fan and it only makes sense that you'd talk about the zam.

Sure, but have you ever thought of the zam as a metaphor for editing? Probably not.

What does a zamboni do? Thanks to Wikipedia, here's the "technical" definition: An ice resurfacer is a truck-like vehicle or smaller device used to clean and smooth the surface of an ice rink.

If the ice is your manuscript and the zam is your editing skills, you're cleaning and smoothing the surface of your manuscript. Pretty cool, huh?

Maybe not to you, but I thought it was.

I can't believe the A to Z Challenge is done today! Thanks to all the new followers. I'm so glad to have met you and I hope you'll continue to skate by here now and again. I promise not to talk hockey all of the time! And, I'll do my best to visit all of those blogs I joined throughout this month. I'm so happy to have stumbled upon so many cool blogs! It's about time I got myself out of my own rink and into some other "rinks".

4 comments:

  1. I like the Zamboni metaphor. Great job with A-Z. I enjoyed reading all your posts, and look forward to seeing what you come with post challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Tim! It's been great reading all of the great blogs I've joined.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh... cool comparison. haa! Good to meet you and thanks for stopping by my blog. (Btw, I got up at 3 am, saw it was just yakking and got up again 2 hours later to watch the beginning of the wedding. ha!)

    ReplyDelete

What Adventurers have to say