Friday, April 15, 2011

M is for ... Music

I have to write with some noise in the background. It can't be the bickering of my kids, the TV at 40 on the volume level, or the dog barking. It can't even be the kids playing mini-sticks or video games. I need music. With each new project, I create a playlist that reminds me of the characters and the struggle in the story. I love creating new playlists and will oftentimes listen to it even when I'm not writing to help keep me in that world.

What quirky things do you do when you write or start a new project?

3 comments:

  1. I've awarded you the "Versatile Blogger" award. Come on over to my blog and grab your award!
    http://gigglelaughcry.blogspot.com/2011/04/award-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I often feel inspired to write in the shower! I listen less to music than I did, as i don't have a radio in my study and forget to turn on the one on my computer. :O)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Giggle, Laugh, Cry!

    Madeleine~ Do you sing in the shower? Just kidding. The shower is a great place for my mind to relax and work out difficult scenes. I'd be lost without my iPod!

    ReplyDelete

What Adventurers have to say