Thursday, April 14, 2011

L is for ... Laugh

Who doesn't like a joke? What about a funny TV show or movie? I think the same for books that have funny characters. You just can't put the book down because you are so engaged with the storyline and the characters. I love when I laugh out loud while reading and my kids say, "What's so funny?"

I think authors who are able to convey those happy emotions are very talented. Susan Elizabeth Phillips comes to mind, as well as Sophie Kinsella, and Emily Giffin.

What book has made you laugh out loud?

6 comments:

  1. Sophie Kinsella definitely came to mind but there's another British author I love whose name escapes me and its going to bother me all day until I come up with it!

    Also, in a totally different vein...Stuff Christians Like by Jonathan Acuff-hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought that book, "You Don't Know Me," was really funny and edgy too. But I can't recall the name of the author off the top of my head.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When my kids were growing up, we read Judy Blume's "Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing" and "Superfudge." Both of them were laugh-out-loud funny in spots. (Ironically, I didn't care for the books she wrote for adults.) Janet Evanovich never fails to make me laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. David Sedaris doesn't write fiction, but all of his books crack me up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm working on one right now. "A Dirty Job" by Christopher Moore. "Fool" is next, and I hear it's a chuckler.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Christopher Moore is Great. I've read (well listened) to most of his books. If you like Morre's humor, Tim Dorsey is also really funny. I've also enjoyed Douglas Adams & Terry Pratchett.

    ReplyDelete

What Adventurers have to say